1 Roll of Wallrock Dampstop (5m x50cm) plus 1 x 400g tin of adhesive
A specially formulated aluminium/lining paper composite product designed to combat small areas of penetrating damp that can discolour wall decor, especially useful for localised troublesome areas.
Apply using paste the wall technique with the aluminium facing the wall.
Dampstop will help alleviate the appearance of penetrating damp on internal walls but we always recommend the root causes are investigated and dealt with.
For example penetrating damp can be caused by blocked gutters and downpipes, poor external wall condition, failing damp proof course or other local factors.
This product has been developed to combat small areas of penetrating damp that can discolour wall decor. If the whole wall is not being covered in Wallrock Dampstop ensure the product extends a minimum of 500mm from the damp area. Please apply using Dampstop Adhesive.
1. Remove loose or flaky material from the wall surface as well as any projections that may rupture the Damp Stop Foil, fill any holes. The surface may need priming if excessively porous or absorbent, we recommend diluting Damp Stop Adhesive 1:1 with water to form a primer, allow to dry thoroughly
2. Brush the adhesive onto the wall over a slightly wider area than the Wallrock Dampstop strip – you will need typically 160-200ml per square metre.
3. Apply the Dampstop directly to the pasted surface – silver foil side to the wall.
4. If applying multiple lengths we recommend an overlap of at least 8 mm.
5. Once complete allow to dry thoroughly – a minimum of 24 hours is normally sufficient but longer may be required.
6. Once dry, the product can be overhung with lining paper or a decorative wallpaper. Lining paper is best applied at right angles to the Dampstop – we recommend our reinforced linings such as Wallrock Fibreliner.
Warning: Take care not to allow this product to come into contact with live wires both during and after hanging , especially important because the aluminium foil is conductive.